Thursday 12 September 2013

Revamped itinerary

Whew, after numerous attempts, managed to get some photos on the blog for Thailand and now may be able to go back and add some to the previous blogs so watch this space! Also might be able to improve the presentation by using a different template.

Have mentioned to a few folk that when trying to switch the travel dates to Japan with the Philippines it wasn't possible which made me rethink the trip to Japan and realise that it wasn't fair to land on the Nakahashis when they had just moved to near Sendai, their house needs attention and they're looking for work.

Meanwhile, my friends in KL have let me stay on longer with them and have helped me to plan an alterative trip to Sarawak for 8 days. From there it's possible to fly directly to Manila and then Perth by transitting through Singapore (after 3 weeks there once there's no need to return) and  rather than doing a stopover which takes me to 16 October.  This will all work out cheaper than going to Japan but hopefully in the future I can visit Japan in the spring for the blossom and see how my friends have settled into their new home and hopefully work.

From Perth hope to cross over to Melbourne, Adelaide and then Sydney taking about 2 months. From there it's over to NZ for 3months leaving 2 months to travel in the US and to Thetis Island, off Vancouver Island, to see my nephew who starts at a theological college soon for 6 months.  Need to be back in London by the end of April and, if not "travelled out", may spend May travelling home via various friends and relatives.  Remember if any of my trip appeals to you let me know we could team up.  Can hardly take in that it's been nearly 5 months of travelling already.

Thanks to all of you who have been in touch keeping me up to date with local and national news. Some messages may have got stuck in my old email box as when travelling I'm using a gmail address (acraig56@gmail.com) but think I will continue to use this even when home although I have been able to contact some of you through Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you are still enjoying every thing and able to tackle the photos! the blog is looking very decorative now!

    Still praying for you and your travels, God bless
    Love Pat

    ReplyDelete